Individual contributor role responsible for troubleshooting, service and support, research and analysis for our customers with the use of ShotSpotter gunshot detection technology. Investigates, creates, analyses and delivers gunshot performance data reports in written format to customers.
- Provide end user support for technical issues reported with our end user applications and services, investigate questions from customer on gunshots reported, generate customer reports and triage and repair any system issues with other teams within SoundThinking
- Provide investigative and consultative support for gunshot incidents
- Compose Technical Support Bulletins and communicate proactively with customers regarding upcoming service and support issues
- Generate written notifications and communications with customers in response to issues
- Monitor acoustic surveillance systems status and report errors, faulty equipment, and other system problems
- Maintain activity logs relative to system performance, gunfire incidents, and other system metrics
- Maintain liaison with responding law enforcement agencies and provide additional incident information efforts by acquiring, minimizing, searching and producing electronic forensic evidence for legal counsel and possibly serving as an expert witness as needed
- Log all relevant customer support incidents in ticket tracking system
- Follow case management procedures including updating tickets, updating customer, escalating issues and work as a team to coordinate resources to resolve an issue
- Effectively perform on-call duty and provide afterhours support to the customers and Incident Review Center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective follow up and follow through on customer issues and internal assignments
- Fluent English read/write required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, and ability to define the problem, isolate the symptoms and perform root cause analysis and recommend solutions.
- Must be highly data driven and be able to analyze the data and generate meaningful information from the data.
- Strong multi-tasking ability; must be able to work on multiple reports and engagement projects at once, working across several time zones, law enforcement agencies, attorneys, salespeople and markets perhaps all in the same day
- Working knowledge of SQL queries, writing queries, etc.
- Familiarity with Audacity, Wavelet Sound Explorer, or similar audio analysis tools
- Working to strong knowledge of LAN/WAN and wireless technologies
- Strong working knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Knowledge of audio and acoustic characteristics preferred
- Working knowledge of Google Earth, arc map, ESRI data tools, etc.
- Expert level knowledge of MS Office suite
- Working knowledge and expertise with on-line tools, intranets, wikis, report writers, etc.
- Passionate about and committed to quality customer service
- Must be able to obtain expert knowledge of ShotSpotter applications within the next 30 days of employment.
- Familiarity with law enforcement best practices is nice to have but not required
- 5+ years of experience in the customer service/success technical support field desired but not required
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Light to Moderate travel may be required
- Must be able and willing to work afterhours and alternative shifts, if necessary
Location: Fremont, CA
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.