SoundThinking creates products to help law enforcement and civic leadership better protect their communities by ensuring the right resources are provided when and where they are needed most. As a member of the CrimeTracer team, you will be working on the nation’s #1 law enforcement search engine and advanced analytics to support officers in striking the right balance between crime reduction, community engagement, and personal safety.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced full stack developer to join our expanding Software Development team. In this role, you will help design and develop technology solutions that are scalable, relevant, and critical to our company’s success as well as making an impact for good on the community. Developer roles and responsibilities include hands on Full Stack application development while providing experienced expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing, building, and deploying. You must have a solid skill set, a desire to continue to grow as a developer, team-player mentality, and a desire to own/drive the architecture.
- Works with other developers to ensure consistent architectural approaches & methods are used across SoundThinking’s CrimeTracer products to enable efficient and effective product development.
- Participation in the definition of processes, standards & guidelines for architecting software systems, as part of the architecture function in SoundThinking.
- Design, coding, and deployment of new software applications using Agile practices.
- System/component analysis and design including requirement gathering and documentation.
- Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
- Providing technical assistance regarding development/system environment setup and configuration.
- Performing code reviews.
- Estimation of project work.
- Developing technical direction for the project and ensuring technical quality of the code delivered.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 5+ years’ experience Applied Knowledge of Software Development.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Sound understanding of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Extensive experience with front end web frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, etc…)
- Significant experience building and deploying APIs using REST, JSON, XML, etc.
- Source Control Management: Git.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Considerable experience developing microservices and DevOps Technology such as Jenkins, Maven, Docker.
Location: Tucson, AZ / Remote