As a Junior Data Scientist, you will help support the Senior Data Scientist in analysis and research, and machine learning modeling that is underpinning new and current products. Additionally, the Junior Data Scientist will support the Data Engineer in building new data pipelines including new ETL functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field using applied statistics and/or machine learning with two plus years of experience.
- Strong statistical and mathematical skills: You should have a strong understanding of statistical concepts such as probability theory, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, and machine learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in programming languages: You should be proficient in at least one programming language, such as Python or R. You should also be familiar with SQL for data querying and manipulation.
- Data manipulation and visualization: You should be able to clean, manipulate, and transform data using tools like pandas and numpy in Python or tidyverse in R. You should also be able to create effective data visualizations using libraries such as Matplotlib or ggplot2.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms: You should have a basic understanding of machine learning algorithms such as linear regression, logistic regression, decision trees, and clustering techniques.
- Communication skills: You should have excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaboration skills: The ability to work collaboratively with other team members, including data engineers, data analysts, and business stakeholders, can be beneficial for you in delivering successful projects.
- Problem-solving skills: You should be able to identify and solve complex problems, often with incomplete or imperfect data.
- Attention to detail: You should have excellent attention to detail, ensuring that your data analysis is accurate and error-free.
- Continuous learning: You should be willing to learn new skills and keep up with the latest industry trends and developments.
Nice-to-have skills and Experience
- Experience with AGILE/SCRUM/JIRA.
- Experience with the AWS cloud platform.
- Understanding of deep learning algorithms.
- Domain expertise: Having domain expertise in criminal justice, crime analysis and/or risk calculation.
- Knowledge of data ethics and privacy.
- Project management skills – scoping, planning, and executing.
Location: Fremont, CA
Note: The Company reserves exclusive right in its sole discretion to modify, adjust, delete, add or otherwise change the above at any time.